Part 2 of our top 5 places to visit while relocating with SuiteAmerica - our next pit stop is Utah!
Relocating to Utah? Or do you already live there and are looking for some sites to see? We’ve put together a list of 5 places that are must see attractions for current or future residents of Utah.
1. Utah Museum of Natural History
An architectural marvel and a case study in “green” design created by community generosity; we welcome you to the Natural History Museum of Utah at the Rio Tinto Center.
For more information call 801.581.4203 or check out their website at nhmu.utah.edu
2. Temple Square & Genealogy
Temple Square, located in beautiful downtown Salt Lake City, has all the services needed for a wonderful visit. Amazing restaurants, exquisite gardens and interesting historical sites are found on the thirty-five acre site.
For More information call 801.240.1706 or check out their website at visittemplesquare.com
Relocating to New Jersey? Or do you already live there and are looking for some sites to see? We’ve put together a list of 5 places that are must see attractions for current or future residents of New Jersey.
5 Places to visit while staying in New Jersey:
1. New Jersey State Museum
A series of exhibitions, special events, and programs showcasing four distinct collection areas-Archaeology/Ethnology, Cultural History, Fine Art, and Natural History
For More information call 609.292.6464 or check out their website at njstatemuseum.org
2. The Jersey Shore
130 miles of coastline known as “The Jersey Shore”, spans from Sandy Hook to Cape May. The white-sand beach is the perfect place for you and your family to enjoy a fun filled day of swimming, surfing and sun bathing!
For More information check out the website below visitnj.org
3. Statue of Liberty
Symbolizing universal freedom and democracy, the Statue of Liberty was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the people of the United States. From Liberty State park, catch a ferry to the visit Lady Liberty.
For More information call 212.668.2251 or check out their website at nps.gov/stli
Out with the old, in with the new - Clean up with SuiteAmerica
It’s that time again! Time to vacuum, dust, and organize! It may not be fun, but a clean, fresh start to the New Year will help create a balanced, stress free life for you and your family.
Don’t get overwhelmed before you start
- Make a list of each room in the house that needs to be cleaned and a sub-list of tasks that need to be addressed.
- Stock up on trash bags, boxes, sponges, and multi-purpose cleaner so you have everything you need on hand. Don’t forget organizational tools such as boxes, bins, and shelves.
- Open the windows to get some fresh air and the smell of cleaning products out
- Turn up the volume on your favorite upbeat music playlist!
Divide and Conquer
- The best way to tackle your spring cleaning is to start with the room that is your least favorite to clean or the room that has been neglected the longest.
- Enlist the help of your family members by delegating small tasks and inform them of the time and days that will be dedicated to cleaning.
- In each room, determine what you are going to throw away, and what you can donate. Separate the items and at the end of the day drop off your donations and throw away the trash so you can start fresh the following day with the next room in your home.
- Gather your cleaning supplies in a bucket and carry from room to room.
SuiteAmerica Rounds up for the Cure!
SuiteAmerica is anxiously anticipating this years “Round up for the Cure”! SuiteAmerica has been Silver Sponsors in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure for over 18 years and supports an employee team annually. In addition to sponsoring a Race for the Cure employee team, SuiteAmerica hosts a variety of fundraisers to support the team’s efforts to achieve their support goal. SuiteAmerica employees have also personally offered financial contributions along with volunteering many hours to the Susan G Komen organization.
This year SuiteAmerica will be launching a few new fundraising initiatives including an office bake sale, lunch fundraiser and name fundraiser. The name fundraiser will encourage SuiteAmerica employees to donate a minimum donation of $10 per name to the Race for the Cure in honor of someone they know who has passed away or survived breast cancer.
SuiteAmerica is honored to contribute financially to Susan G Komen’s many events and programs throughout the year. In October 2012, we donated $10 for every new rental of a SuiteAmerica apartment nationwide. SuiteAmerica’s corporate office, located in El Dorado Hills, California, donated office space to the Susan G Komen Sacramento Valley Affiliate for 14 years. The annual estimated donation value of the office space is $25,000.
Looking for a place to stay during the holidays?
Whether you’re heading home or having company for the holidays… SuiteAmerica can provide the perfect fully furnished solution while saving you the headache and stress!
With over 20 years of experience we’ve compiled several great tips to help you minimize stress during your travels. Since we couldn’t list them all we thought we would give you a list of our top 5.
Avoid high traffic travel times
- When traveling to your destination this holiday season try to fly or drive on the day of the holiday to minimize wait times, congestion and high traffic times!
- If you can’t avoid traveling during a high traffic time, try to leave early in the morning or late at night when traffic is minimal compared to the middle of the day.
Pack only the necessary items
- Don’t pack for a month when you’re only staying for a couple of days (We know… easier said than done!).
- Plan out each days outfits a head of time and only bring accessories that are necessary.
- Flying to your destination? Pack travel size liquids (under 3.4 ounces) and don’t forget your quart size plastic ziplock bag! Continue reading
10 things we’re thankful for
At SuiteAmerica, there’s a lot to be thankful for…
- We’re thankful for our roots: A little over 20 years ago SuiteAmerica started with an idea from a husband and wife and has grown to over a hundred employees with multiple locations throughout the US!
- We’re thankful for our awesome team that continues to provide award winning customer service year over year.
- We’re thankful for our employees who donate their time to giving back to others.
- We’re thankful that as a company we’re able to support many great causes including Susan G Komen Race for the Cure to raise awareness and support for Breast Cancer.
- We’re thankful that SuiteAmerica has a successful employee owned ESOP.
- We’re thankful for all our partners that help furnish and setup our apartments.
- We’re thankful for cutting edge technology that helps set our company apart from other companies in the corporate housing industry.
- We’re thankful that we are able to provide 24/7 customer support.
- We’re thankful for our guests who continue to stay in corporate housing versus a traditional hotel room.
- And most of all we are thankful that we are able to provide another great year of corporate housing to over thousands of relocating families and business travelers!
As SuiteAmerica has grown over the years, we have implemented many new processes to make our operations run more efficiently. We are constantly evaluating our internal operations and how we interact with our guests. Ultimately, we strive to provide customer service that is the best in the industry. To provide this top notch service to our guests we identified the need to improve communication between our guest service department in house and our distribution and housekeeping team members in the field. By improving the communication between these departments we felt it would help us to improve response times to service requests and allow us to perform more same day requests than we had in the past.
In our efforts to achieve more efficient communication for optimal response times to service requests, we implemented software called Mobile Control by SageQuest. SageQuest’s Mobile Control is a GPS based fleet management software that can be accessed online as well as through a mobile device or tablet. Mobile Control provides an interactive Google map that allows us to see, at any given time, the location of our vehicles as well as their activity (starts, stops, after hour movement, etc.). We are also able to pull reports, set alerts, and create geo-fencing for our most common properties. A geo-fence is commonly used in GPS software and is a virtual perimeter for a real world geographic area. Continue reading
Having a Safe and Family Friendly Halloween
Halloween is an exciting time for kids, but there are also plenty of dangers lurking. It is important to make safety a top priority to ensure a fun and festive evening for you and your children. Here are a few safety rules for trick or treating on Halloween:
- Make sure your child’s costumes fit and that they can see clearly to prevent trips and falls
- Apply makeup instead of having your child wear a mask. Masks can be hot, uncomfortable, and can obstruct a child’s vision
- Make sure costumes are visible at night. If a costume is not light-colored, put a reflective tape on the front and back of it
- Wear comfortable, safe shoes
- Only purchase costumes that are flame retardant, so the little ones are not in danger near fire hazards
Have you ever stayed in a hotel room and missed the comforts of your home? Have you wanted to prepare a home cooked meal or do a load of laundry while traveling and not able to? SuiteAmerica Corporate Apartments are fully furnished, luxury living at often the same or less expensive price as a hotel room.
An average hotel room is only 350sq feet! After an extended period of time this can feel like the walls are closing in on you! SuiteAmerica’s one-bedroom apartments typically start at 700 sq. feet. Now you have a full kitchen, living room, and space for your beloved pet! SuiteAmerica will prepare your suite with your needs in mind! SuiteAmerica offers kids and pet packages, personal transition services, and 24/7 award winning customer service to ensure your stay is comfortable for you and your family.
Don’t want to miss a workout? No problem, SuiteAmerica corporate housing carefully selects luxury apartment communities who offer a wide variety of amenities for your enjoyment. Weather you prefer to take a dip in a swimming pool, or catch up on a business project, your apartment community will have many options to fit your lifestyle. From Resident Lounges, to Barbeque and Picnic areas, SuiteAmerica only chooses upscale apartment communities to ensure your stay is comfortable.
Why choose SuiteAmerica? Our award winning team will plan every detail of your reservation and make the process as smooth and stress free as possible.
Try Corporate housing, try SuiteAmerica and Experience the Difference!
Working and Living in San Jose
San Jose and the Silicon Valley are a major part of the San Francisco Bay Area, a region that is the sixth largest metropolitan area in the United States. If you are on temporary assignment or relocating to the San Jose area you will find why Money Magazine named it one of the Best Places to Live in 2006. San Jose has a rich historical heritage starting with being the first town in the Spanish colony Nueva California and then becoming California’s first capital when gaining statehood in 1850.
San Jose and the surrounding area has a lot to offer if you are being relocated or on temporary assignment to the San Jose area. For over 150 years San Jose was a small farming community surrounded by fields of cabbage, lettuce and tomatoes. San Jose and the surrounding area grew in the 1950’s and 1960’s and then with rapid growth of the high-tech industry in the 90’s became the booming center of the technological industry and received it’s nickname, Capital of Silicon Valley. San Jose has much to offer other than being home to the innovative technology firms that we will explore below:
Location and Weather: San Jose is situated close to the Pacific Ocean and to San Francisco Bay. The Santa Clara Valley is the population center of the Bay Area with surrounding communities situated between four distinct valleys. The four valleys are the Almaden Valley, south of the city; Evergreen Valley to the south-east, which is very hilly; Santa Clara Valley, which is the urban expanse in the South Bay; and the more rural Coyote Valley, in the extreme south of the city. San Jose has a typical Bay Area climate; which is a subtropical Mediterranean with San Jose boasting 300 days of sunshine a year with an average daily temperature of 73?F annually. Living in the San Jose area you are close to San Francisco, Santa Cruz and Monterey, and many other great areas to explore. Continue reading